Chemistry Based Water Treatment WITHOUT Chemicals
In our process, Sphagnum moss work much like a tea bag. The moss is placed inside a contact chamber, which allows it to interact and treat the water. Once treated, the water helps reduce organic contamination, which is a primary catalyst for a host of common issues.
At the same time, Sphagnum moss is releasing a buffer into the water, which helps to naturally stabilize pH and alkalinity. It also binds metals (e.g. calcium, magnesium, iron), which helps diminish scaling and fouling. Corrosion, disinfection by-products (DBP), and organic contamination are dramatically reduced.
For systems with an open sump, the moss (which is enclosed in a mesh bag) is placed in a cage and lowered into the sump. The circulation of the system is all that is needed to treat the water. Moss is changed on a monthly cycle. The old is removed and replaced with the new. The contact cage is lifted out of the sump, and re-submerged after the change is made.
The other method allows a contact chamber to be plumbed into your water system. In this case, the contact chamber is installed in a side stream application, so that water flow through the chamber can be controlled. The moss is still changed monthly, and effects to air and water remain the same.
The sphagnum moss used in our products is a natural, green plant that grows in bogs.
It is harvested by hand, in a sustainable manner, can be re-harvested in 5-7 years, and is processed, sterilized, and packaged.
Advantages or ProMoss™ Water Treatment
- Inhibits and removes scale
- Decreases corrosion on surfaces the ProMossTM treated water touches
- Naturally softens the water by removing positively charged ions like
calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, cadmium etc.
- Removes organic contamination from all surfaces the ProMossTM
treated water touches
- Absorbs 10X its weight in oil
- Stabilizes water pH and slightly acidifies the water
- Requires water flow across the ProMossTM
- ProMossTM is stable to 250°F
- Submersible contact chambers that require
no structural modifications
- Off-line contact chambers for closed systems or when
submersible contact chambers are not appropriate
- Changed Monthly
- Cooling Towers
- Process water applications